Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love to decorate with vintage finds- My sunroom

Just love my little easel, I bought it because I loved it, but my grandson does use it and we draw Barney on it all the time.  I've been finding these great red tins, I have my plastic cutlery in one, paper plates, close by for barbecues. 

The hanging lamp over the table I made myself.  The shade I found in a wonderful little shed in Canada.  My husband couldn't believe I bought it.  I added beaded trim to the bottom and the light and it was perfect. 

The buffet was my aunt's, pieces of veneer were missing on the sides.  I really still wanted it to have a stained wood look, so I painted it orange first then I used a brown over it and gave it a wood grained look.  The doors were damaged so I made cute curtains- to hide things.  The wine rack never ends up with wine in it so I started putting my magazines in there.  I am very practical with my decorating.

I love my D.M. Ferry & Co Seed poster, a treasure of mine.  It hangs over my little wet bar.
I'm enjoying sharing these things, it's like a little journal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment